007: Breath, Body, & Mind
In this episode, Joanne discusses:
- Benefits of breath work.
- The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
- How stress can engage our nervous system.
- Ways to feel the body without the sense of touch.
- The respiratory system is the only system over which we have conscious control of our autonomic nervous system.
- The autonomic nervous system is connected to a lot of other physical systems.
- The parasympathetic nervous system can give us a feeling of calm and mental flexibility when faced with challenges.
- Our bodies are not divided, but rather integrated – mind, body, and breath are one.
“Using mindful breathing, we can tap into our nervous system and support its overall function, balance, and health.” — Joanne King
Connect with Joanne King: