003: Mindful Self-Compassion
In this episode, Joanne discusses:
- The benefits of practicing self-compassion.
- Engaging the threat defense system and how it can affect your emotions.
- Self-criticism versus self-compassion.
- A self-compassion meditation.
- Think about what you say to yourself, would you say those things to your good friend?
- We all need to give ourselves self-kindness.
- Breath in kindness and compassion and breath out compassion and love.
“Mindful self-compassion is a way we can feel safe and protected in the world today.” — Joanne King
Connect with Joanne King:
Show Notes by Podcastologist/Show Producer: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.